What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information it contains and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognise the user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
The information provided below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
Types of cookies:
According to the entity that manages them
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are collected by the publisher itself in order to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are collected and managed by a third party, these cannot be considered own cookies.
Depending on the period of time they remain activated
- Session Cookies: These collect data while the user browses the web in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the party responsible for the cookie in order to provide the requested service.
According to their purpose
- Technical cookies: These are necessary for the correct browsing of the website.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to choose the characteristics (language) for browsing the website.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the provider to analyse the user’s browsing experience in order to monitor the use of the website, as well as to compile statistics on the most visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the website, according to the content of the website itself.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the website according to the information obtained through the user’s browsing habits.
In accordance with the provisions of Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), SWEANTY S.L. reports on the cookies used on our website:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any rights in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
Google Analytics cookies are stored on servers located in the United States. The company undertakes not to share them with third parties, except in cases where this is necessary for the operation of the system or where required by law. According to Google, it does not store your IP address. Google Inc. is a member of the Safe Harbour Agreement which guarantees that all data transferred will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can find more detailed information on this subject by clicking on the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
If you wish, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to opt out of Google Analytics analytics cookies in all browsers. For more information https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Proprietary: These are cookies that are stored on your device between browsing sessions and allow us to remember your preferences or actions on various websites.
Disabling or deleting cookies
SWEANTY S.L. also informs the user that you can configure your browser to be informed of the receipt of cookies, and may, if desired, prevent them from being installed on your hard drive.
Below, we provide links to various browsers, through which you can make such settings:
Firefox here: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web
Chrome here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Explorer here: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
Safari here: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=es_ES
Opera here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html